I want everyone to go to TriQ CrossFit's Blog page and read this article written by Coach Amy Wacker.
She is telling us how to get started. Challenging us to just get moving, even if you are not a current crossfit athlete, if you dont have big muscles, all that is important is that you just try. That you just want to get in shape.
"You just need to get on it, no matter what your training wheels may
look like in the beginning, practice everyday until you reach your
goals..."
Do you have Goals? I know that I do!
I want to get strong.
I want to Run a Full Marathon.
I want to run my 5k and 10k races faster.
I want to be a Good Mom
I want my son to be healthy
To reach those goals we need to start somewhere.
The First time I said I wanted to run a Marathon, I was not a runner. I did not even own a pair of running shoes. I just knew it was something I wanted to do. I started a Couch to 5k program, that got me running 1 mile, and then 1.5 miles, and then 3 miles, and then I raced a 5k.
It took me 9 months, but this past weekend (Saturday April 27, 2013) I ran my first 1/2 marathon.

No comments:
Post a Comment