Monday, April 8, 2013

Louisville Triple Crown of Running

It is finally FINISHED! I can barely believe we did it, but we did! I Did! Saturday April 6, 2013 was the 3rd Leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running. A Racing series in Louisville, KY that includes a 5k, 10k, and 10 miler. The series Sponsors the WHAS Crusade for children.

The Anthem 5k fitness Classic; sponsord by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield was held March 9 at Louisville Slugger Field. The morning was chilly but the weather held off and the race day was beautiful. My finish time was 22:39. A very exciting morning I set a personal record for a 5k race.

The Rodes City Run 10K is the second "leg" of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running. The race was held Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 4th and Broadway Streets in front of the famous Brown Hotel, running through the Cherokee Park. My Finish time was 46:58, this was my first ever 10k race. Again it was a chilly morning, only a few degrees above freezing, but luckily there was no rain or snow and the race was fun. 

The Final Race of the series; Presented by Papa John's International, Inc; is the 10-Mile: I Finished in 1:24:00. with a Pace of 8:24 min/Mile. This is the furthest distance that i have ever ran, and this course went through the hills of Iroquois Park. I managed to set a pace and stick with it, carried some water and chocolate GU with me. GU is an energy supplement. This is a very long time to run, but the weather was nice, warm and breezy. Generally you can expect the body to heat up about 20 degrees when running long distances, so I felt like it was in the 80's but it was actually about 65 degrees and Sunny.

 My goal now is to complete and mini marathon and a full marathon. I plan on accomplishing the mini marathon on April 27th at the Ky Derby Mini Marathon, doing weight and strength training at crossfit and keeping my runs between 4-8 miles with only one longer run over 10 miles in between the upcoming 3 weeks.


I Love running, I keep my energy up by having lots of good protein and fruits and nuts in between my protein full meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment