Saturday, June 1, 2013

Crossfit, Running, BonVoyage

This afternoon I went on my run hoping that maybe it would make my mood a little better, it did. Then I had to take the fastest shower of my life and head south to a party for my little brother, he has enlisted in the US NAVY!

I Just got back from the party, and since it is raining here in KY, we ended up going to a Buffet Restaurant. My worst nightmare. I had a salad with spinach, arugula, and veggie and sesame seed, go for the clear dressing (Italian, they did not have balsamic), then a piece of roast beef, sweet potatoes, and beans. While they cut a cake with my brothers picture on it, I passed and had fruit. Drank Lots of water. My little brother reports tomorrow and boards a plane for the Great lakes Naval Boot camp on Monday.

I am so Proud of My little brother he is beginning a journey in his life, it makes my running journey seem miniscule, but it is still important to me.  



I began a training schedule for my Full marathon this week. I am just going to try to make this training fun and incorporate CrossFit into it. Anyone watching the CrossFit The CrossFit Games today? I was watching the CrossFit Games - North East Regional ladies on the 100's and wow! That looked hard! Since My son is out of town visiting my husband's parents and brothers I took advantage last night and went to a CrossFit Competition of my own. it was a small local competition and great for my first experience. There were 2 events.

Event 1 Jackie 15 minute time cap
1000 meter Row
50 Thrusters 45 pound bar
30 Pull Ups

Event 2 12 minute time cap
21-15-9
Deadlift/Box Jumps (F 205/24) (M 315/30)

Okay so I need a Band for assitance when i do Pullups, i only got 21 pullups.
Event 2 I only did 125 pound Deadlift and then I killed the time with 7:40. 

It was really fun. I love being athletic and making new friends and acquaintances that also enjoy my interests, I feel like I am progressing each day and that as soon as I learn to Kip a pullup I am going to try again with that "Jackie" and also as i keep getting stronger and better i will try both events again.

No comments:

Post a Comment